1. To provide a wide variety of age appropriate activities, within a routine, that draw from the curriculum areas of : art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, large muscle, practical life, social studies, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
2. To provide a nurturing, flexible, and calm atmosphere where physical affection is freely given, self-concept is enhanced, independence is encouraged and expectations are made clear.
3. To develop staff potential through proper supervision by making expectations clear, following through to see that expectations are met, and utilizing staff input and their abilities.
4. To be supportive of parents encouraging involvement, encouraging open and honest communication while using tact and discretion.
5. To establish room awareness among staff so that a safe environment is always present both indoors and out.
6. To meet each child's physical needs while setting the stage for future independence in self-care.
7. To provide ample opportunity for the use of the large motor skills and outdoor activity.
8. To provide an atmosphere where the foundation of respect for others is established.
9. To encourage social development through cooperative play.
10. To establish respect for the equipment and materials.
11. To establish an observation system in which notes on children are kept.